Our client is a unique international air cargo company handling air and ground logistics as well as aviation services. They are currently seeking to recruit an Accounting Officer to join their team.
The chosen applicant will be:
- Understanding the group’s business with particular emphasis on the monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting processes and timeframes;
- Updating of book-keeping;
- Issuing of customer invoices, maintaining of aged receivables, accrued income and related matters;
- Posting of purchase invoices and monitoring of accounts payable;
- Carrying out several day-to-day tasks such as general ledger entries, reconciliations, and inter-company transactions;
- Assisting with month-end and year-end procedures; and,
- Assisting with the monthly and annual reporting tasks, including but not limited to inter-company reconciliations, completeness of accruals and prepayments, ensuring proper income and cost-allocation, reviewing, and reconciling of Balance sheet accounts.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of an A Level in Accounts;
- Two years previous experience in a similar role;
- Local experience in the aviation industry or with one of the Big Four audit firms or a corporate service provider would be an asset;
- Knowledge of local VAT laws would also be an asset;
- Excellent organizational skills and maintaining highest standards at all times;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and preferably in Maltese too;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and IT tools;
- Professional and dependable approach;
- Works to meet the agreed deadlines;
- Has a good eye for detail; and,
- Self-motivated and flexible with a can-do attitude, willing to learn, and capable of working under pressure and independently in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
Ability to work in a team is an important criteria for this role. The selected candidate must have a logical and methodical approach to work.