SportMalta responsible for the administration of six main sports facilities, are looking for an Accounts Officer.
The ideal candidate will be assisting the Managers in the accounting and the financial team whilst also responsible for:
- Assisting in book-keeping and preparing of payment runs;
- Recording and reconciling all bank statements on a monthly basis including petty cash;
- Reconciling and recording revenue collected including the deposit of such funds;
- Maintaining an up-to- date filing system for all transactions;
- Providing accounting and financial assistance in closing off the end of year audit;
- Ensuring that debts are paid in a timely manner and chase debtors when needed;
- Maintaining accurate records of all chasing activities and monitoring changes in payment patterns;
- Responding promptly and completely to both client and internal enquiries;
- Ensuring processing timeframes are met as required;
- Maintaining accounting database of key information as required;
- Keeping abreast of developments in the field of accounting;
- Confirming that all invoices received for payment have been authorized;
- Reconciling supplier statements to the entity’s accounting needs; and,
- Other duties as may be assigned by the Managers and the Director Finance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- MQF Level 4 in Accounting and 1 year experience in a similar role; or,
- MQF Level 5 in Accounting or any related field; and,
- Proficiency in Maltese and English.
This role calls for an organised team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills who is able to work on own initiative and within a team.