Our client, a leading Company operating in the FMCG sector in Malta, is currently seeking to recruit a Business Manager.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for:
- Implementing agreed objectives through the required organisational changes and periodically report progress, in conjunction with the Head of Logistics;
- Assisting in forecasting market demand and setting up sales targets;
- Monitoring sales and marketing activities, analysing sales volumes and performance in order to meet the profit and volume goals specified by the company’s strategic business plans;
- Negotiating and coordinating incoming shipments of products and parts and ensuring that shipments arrive on time and within budget;
- Securing customers and continually prospecting and qualifying new customers through Sales Reps, Telesales and personal calls;
- Continually monitoring and evaluatng the routes and make necessary changes in order to maximize sales efficiently and effectively, whilst ensuring a high level of customer satisfaction;
- Keeping track of developments in the field of beverages and making recommendations to ensure growth in the water sector, including the development of ancillary ranges of products;
- In collaboration with the Credit Control Department, following up debtors’ situation, recommending, reporting and intervening as necessary;
- Monitoring and controlling debtors and ensuring timely cash collection;
- Together with the Production and Logistics Departments, ensuring that inventory levels are adequate to meet demand by reviewing data recorded in stock control system, retrieving data and designing reports.
- Ensuring that the Company’s policy on human resources matters (i.e. recruitment, appraisals and promotions) is adhered to;
- Developing human resources as business demands require;
- Ensuring that the organisation structure reflects a correct distribution of tasks and responsibilities among employees; and,
- In line with the Company’s annual budget, controlling operations covering profit planning, sales forecasts, expense budgets, accounts receivable and cost standards and identifying saving opportunities.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be in possession of a MQF Level 6 in Business Administration, which will be considered an asset;
- Have at least five years’ working experience, ideally within the Food and Beverage industry; and,
- Have good communication skills in both reading and writing in English and Maltese.
The ideal candidate must be organised, have excellent problem-solving skills and can work on his/her own initiative. S/he must be able to plan and deal with unexpected changes on a day-to-day basis and must be able to work with tight deadlines.