Business Support Engineer
Our client, a leading financial institution and a key player in the Maltese market, part of a highly diversified multi-national group of companies, is seeking to recruit a Business Support Engineer.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Analysing, investigating, and troubleshooting business process incidents related to technical and process issues;
- Ensuring all the production incidents are resolved within the defined SLA as part of the Business Support function;
- Setting up application and processes monitoring using monitoring tools to proactively prevent production issues;
- Taking ownership of production incidents and coordinating between Business, Technical, and third parties providers;
- Dividing business requirements between support and development types with consequent solving of support tickets;
- Troubleshooting technical issues, assigning priority, and escalating problems when necessary;
- Creating and maintaining documentation for Business Processes;
- Participating in projects, business analysis, development lifecycle, and hot fixes testing;
- Following up on production deployments to ensure production stability;
- Ensuring a business continuity plan on all critical business systems;
- Helping in driving digital transformation with the aim of deprecating legacy systems and improving efficiencies;
- Performing routine checks on the various Bank systems and maintaining appropriate records of mentioned checks;
- Educating business end users on how to make effective use of their technological tools to speed up problem resolution, whilst keeping abreast with new technology; and,
- Extracting and creating reports from the business systems.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An MCAST or University Degree in a related ICT area of specialisation;
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in Business/Application support position;
- Experience in Banking Industry / Financial Services and good understanding of different types of Payments and/or onboarding processes is an advantage;
- Knowledge of SQL is highly appreciated, knowledge of JIRA is welcomed;
- Familiarity with database reporting, ideally with Microsoft Server Reporting Services;
- An understanding of IT development lifecycle and Agile methodology;
- Experience with programming/development is preferred;
- Exposure to API’s and Microservice architecture will be an added advantage;
- Ability to handle and prioritize parallel tasks and respond to ad hoc requirements;
- Ability to work independently and under limited supervision;
- Ability to manage several priorities simultaneously and meet deadlines;
- Client and quality focused;
- Flexibility and willingness to learn banking processes and systems;
- Excellent listening skills and the ability to interact confidently with internal customers;
- Team player;
- Ability to learn new technologies and tools and adapt quickly;
- Good problem-solving skills;
- Analytical thinking and attention to detail;
- Good presentation and negotiation skills; and,
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
Ideally, the candidate will have strong knowledge of Windows systems, TSQL, SSIS, and SSRS. Experience on IBM systems will also be considered as an asset.
The ideal candidate must be organised, have excellent problem-solving skills, and can work on his/her own initiative. S/he must be able to plan and deal with unexpected changes on a day-to-day basis and must be able to work with tight deadlines.