Our client forms part of a group of companies that operate within the insurance sector. They are currently seeking to recruit a Claims Handler to join their team.
The chosen applicant will be:
- Supporting the call-center during exceptional situations with incoming and outgoing calls and dispatching of services to third party providers;
- Performing any assistance work, data collection and data imputing with care and accuracy in as necessary in order to provide the management or clients with the services required;
- Performing any related tasks as requested by management and necessary for the upkeep of the company’s services, assets, or premises;
- Processing claims files according to their level and the guidelines and procedures in place at their unity, making sure that the policyholders are provided with a high quality service, this reducing complaints;
- Analyzing incoming documents, determine whether claims are covered or not based on the relevant insurance/warranty contract and in line with the covers contracted by the policyholder, making analysis of risks, informing the policyholders, and requesting, if necessary, additional information or documentation to properly handle claims;
- Review the documents received at the department on a daily basis, and answer calls from clients, agents, loss adjusters and injured parties, to arrange the provision of services and inform on the claims files for which they are responsible, in order to resolve the claims files;
- Commissioning services from the providers / adjusters assigned or those who are more adequate for the appraisal of damages / liability as well as review reports and, where necessary, control their fitness, to provide the most appropriate and effective technical support for the resolution of claims and the detection of potential frauds that require a specific management;
- Undertaking, according to their level, the payment of the invoices received from repairers and clients and, where necessary, claim payments from debtor companies and/or make offers to policyholders and companies and, if required, guarantee the amounts offered, to ensure that claims are solved at the best time and cost for the unit or group, within their scope or responsibility; and,
- Maintaining up-to-date, specific and/or specialist knowledge about the technical procedures, regulations, portfolios, etc. within their remit, by attending training sessions and monitoring the main management and quality assurance indicators.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent organisation and negotiation skills;
- Superior listening, verbal and written communication skills;
- Proficient in mainstream computer applications including the ability to learn and navigate new platforms;
- Speak and write fluent Maltese and English;
- Ability to handle dissatisfied claimants;
- Knowledge of basic home installation which would be considered as an asset;
- Experience in an insurance environment would be considered as an asset; and,
- Have his/her own means of transport which would be considered as an asset.
The information requested during registration is necessary for misco to match both candidate and employer expectations. Upon expiration of the closing date misco will be informing candidates of the Company’s identity prior to forwarding any applications.