Our client operates in the production of different yarn and fabrics and is currently seeking to recruit an Electrical Engineer working day shift to join their team.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing power generation, transmission and distribution;
- Managing and working with high and low voltage equipment;
- Managing and maintaining building services such as lighting, heating, HVAC systems in liaison with the electrician’s supervisor;
- Carrying out feasibility studies for new systems and investments;
- Preparing circuit diagrams for high and low voltage electrical equipment;
- Budgeting and estimating new projects;
- Managing technicians and electricians to ensure time frames are respected and that they work in a safe and efficient way;
- Managing maintenance programmes, including corrective, preventive and emergency maintenance activities;
- Maintaining general electrical and electronics equipment operational by following manufacturer’s instructions and established procedures and requesting repair services;
- Interacting with contractors using verbal and written communication and attending meetings;
- Inspecting electrical components during and after product installation;
- Troubleshooting of electrical and electronics components and proposing solutions;
- Providing assistance to the company’s stores to ensure that critical spare parts are kept available; and,
- Understanding and implementing designs from technical drawings.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have at least two years of experience in a similar role;
- Be in possession of an MQF Level 6 of education in Electrical Engineering; and,
- Have good written and verbal communication skills in English.
The ability to work within a team as well as taking own initiatives is essential for this post. The ideal candidate must be organised, attentive to detail and must be able to coordinate and communicate well with others. S/he must have excellent problem-solving skills, the ability to work accurately and have the ability to work under pressure.