Executive (Finance and Procurement)
Our client is a growing government agency in Malta that offers a diverse array of different products and services. They are currently seeking to recruit an Executive (Finance and Procurement) to join their team.
The chosen applicant will be reporting directly to the Senior Manger (Finance and Procurement) and will be responsible for:
- Raising and issuing purchase orders;
- Checking and processing supplier invoices;
- Assisting in the monthly payment run to suppliers;
- Assisting in bank reconciliations;
- Taking care of reconciliations on supplier statements;
- Maintaining the financial documentation properly and well organised;
- Drafting and evaluating of tenders, RfQs and CfQs;
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers;
- Acting as the main source of contact for matters concerning contracts;
- Ensuring that the stock levels of items consumed, and the quantities requested match the agency’s needs;
- Participating and representing the agency in meetings as recommended;
- Monitoring the agency’s inventory to ensure that all assets are complied and maintained; and
- Other clerical responsibilities assigned to them.
The ideal candidate will be:
- In possession of at least one (1) subject at Advanced Level and two (2) subjects at Intermediate Level which must include Mathematics or Accounts; or,
- In possession of six (6) Ordinary Level certificates with good pass grades (1-5 or A-C) which must include English, Maltese and Mathematics, plus two (2) years relevant work experience in finance and procurement;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications; and
- Proficient in the Maltese and English languages.
Proficient communication in both Maltese and English as well as an organised and attentive to detail approach are essential for this position. The selected candidate is expected to be flexible and to respond to the different emerging needs efficiently.