Full Stack Developer
Our client, a prominent financial institution with a significant footprint in the Maltese market and part of a diversified multi-national group of companies, is seeking to recruit a Full-stack Developer.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to gather and analyse requirements, design solutions, and develop software applications;
- Developing and maintaining user interfaces, workflows, and business logic adhering to best practices and design guidelines;
- Implementing integrations with external systems, APIs, and databases to enable seamless data exchange and interoperability;
- Writing clean, efficient, and well-documented code following coding standards and best practices, while performing thorough testing to ensure software quality and reliability;
- Troubleshooting and debugging software issues, analysing system performance bottlenecks, and implementing optimisations for improved efficiency;
- Collaborating with QA team to ensure proper testing and validation of software components, addressing any identified defects or issues;
- Staying up to date with the latest updates and enhancements, actively contributing ideas and recommendations for leveraging new features and capabilities;
- Implementing visually appealing and user-friendly interfaces, ensuring a seamless and intuitive user experience;
- Collaborating with product owners, architects, and stakeholders to refine requirements, providing technical guidance, and contributing to the overall product roadmap; and,
- Keeping abreast of industry trends and emerging technologies, proactively exploring opportunities to enhance development processes and improve software solutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or in a related field;
- Proven experience as a full-stack developer or similar role, with a focus on developing mobile and/or web applications;
- A strong understanding of digital banking concepts, including online banking, mobile banking, and customer experience management;
- Experience with Red Hat Process Automation, this would be considered as a plus;
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyse complex requirements and propose efficient and scalable solutions;
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and practices, including version control systems (e.g., Git) and collaborative development workflows;
- Experience in designing and developing pipelines (e.g. Jenkins);
- Experience in implementing and consuming RESTful APIs; and,
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- The ideal candidate must be organised, have excellent problem-solving skills, and can work on his/her own initiative. S/he must be able to plan and deal with unexpected changes on a day-to-day basis and must be able to work with tight deadlines.