Group Finance Manager
Our client is a group of companies operating in the manufacturing industry. They are currently seeking to recruit a Group Finance Manager to join their team.
The chosen applicant will be:
- Managing and leading the accounts team to deal with operational matters;
- Managing the maintenance of financial ledgers, ensuring the integrity and completeness of accounting records;
- Maintaining and improving the group entities accounting internal processes and control systems, overseeing adherence to all applicable legislations and group policies;
- Supporting the CFCO, CEO and other group management with any reporting requirements;
- Managing and reviewing the payment processes as well as the payroll computation;
- Handling budget and product costing processes;
- Monitoring the accounts receivable of group entities, setting meetings with clients when required and taking actions to mitigate the risks of bad debts;
- Monitoring cash flow positions of group entities and managing a cashflow forecast to ensure that it is always in a position to meet payment schedules;
- Monitoring the accounts payable, ensuring that the supplier reconciliations are performed in line with the established schedules and that suppliers are paid on a timely basis;
- Preparing and/ or reviewing management accounts and other internal reporting in a timely manner;
- Ensuring compliance with tax legislation and regulations through the correct and timely reporting of VAT returns. FSS documentation, liaison with tax consultants on the preparation, review, and submission of income tax computations;
- Analysing the financials by cost center and reporting the financial figures to the respective cost center owners, highlighting potential cost saving opportunities;
- Supporting external auditors in carrying out the financial audit of group entities;
- Planning, assigning, and reviewing the ream’s work;
- Motivating, leading, and training employees and appraising their performance; and ,
- Conducting performance evaluations in a timely manner and providing fair feedback to the team.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be a warranted and fully qualified accountant;
- Be able to communicate in Maltese and English language;
- Have a minimum of five years overall experience in accounting together with two years of managerial exposure;
- Financial accounting and analytical skills;
- Sound working knowledge of IFRSs;
- Able to use good written and verbal communication skills to inspire trust;
- Hands on approach with the right attitude to work with minimal supervision;
- Analytical thinking and problem solving; and,
- Action oriented.
Teamwork is an important criteria for this role. The selected candidate must have a positive impact on the team members, and be able to handle conflicts.
The information requested during registration is necessary for misco to match both candidate and employer expectations. Upon expiration of the closing date misco will be informing candidates of the Company’s identity prior to forwarding any applications.