Head of IT Operations
Our client, a leading financial institution, is seeking to recruit a Head of IT Operations.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Head of IT in the implementation of the Bank’s IT Strategy;
- Defining and implementing the Bank’s Infrastructure roadmap;
- Developing and implementing IT policies and procedures to ensure the smooth running of the Bank’s IT Operations;
- Overseeing the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of the Bank’s IT infrastructure, including networks, servers, databases, and data centres;
- Developing and managing the Bank’s disaster recovery and support business continuity plans;
- Managing the Bank’s budget for IT operations and infrastructure, ensuring cost-effectiveness and efficiency;
- Managing the Bank’s Service Delivery function through an effective and efficient provision of first line of support to Business users;
- Ensuring compliance with all regulatory and legal requirements related to IT operations and infrastructure;
- Collaborating with other departments, including InfoSec, Risk, Compliance, and Business Units, to ensure the effective functioning of the Bank as a whole;
- Leading a team of IT operations and infrastructure professionals, providing guidance and support to ensure their success; and,
- Participating and contributing to the Bank’s IT Governance structure.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of five years’ working experience in IT operations and infrastructure management, preferably in the banking industry;
- A minimum of MQF Level 6 in Computer Science, Information Technology, or in a related field;
- Experience working with project management tools such as JIRA; and,
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English.
The ideal candidate must be organised, have excellent problem-solving skills and can work on his/her own initiative. S/he must be able to plan and deal with unexpected changes on a day-to-day basis and must be able to work with tight deadlines.