Head of Purchasing
Our client provides superior materials and services to the building industry. They are currently seeking to recruit a Head of Purchasing to join their team.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing and developing our diverse purchasing team;
- Allocating project work to Buying Managers based on workload and skill set;
- Managing all aspects of the team including appraisals, setting KPI’s according to the top management’s directions, recruitment and trainings;
- Taking care of category management, assortment building and optimization;
- Understanding consumer trends to plan a strategy in line with market requirements;
- Sourcing the best products, locally and internationally;
- Including sustainability both in category management and in the sourcing process;
- Reviewing current and developing new robust processes and procedures;
- Presenting Team Structure and Budgets for the next Financial Year;
- Developing and maintaining constructive relationships with new and existing suppliers;
- Issuing tenders and carrying out the evaluation process;
- Negotiating prices as well as contract terms and conditions with suppliers;
- Developing rebate plans;
- Developing and supporting all the promotional activity settled by/with marketing department;
- Signing and improving contractual conditions with suppliers;
- Reviewing stock levels and ordering products whilst following-up on Logistics;
- Planning for payment and delivery;
- Making sure that the sourced items have the requested quality and certifications as per group policy; and,
- Preparing reports and presenting them to senior management.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be in possession of an MQF Level 4 or higher in relevant areas, such as business administration, sales or marketing and procurement;
- Have previous experience in a similar role, ideally within the retail sector; and,
- Have previous experience working in a product and consumer-focused business.
The ability to work within a team as well as taking own initiatives is essential for this post. The ideal candidate must be organised and must be able to coordinate and communicate well with others.