Our client is a group of companies operating in the manufacturing industry. They are currently seeking to recruit an HSE Executive.
Whilst reporting to the CEO the ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Identifying, implementing prevention measures to ensure prevention of risks and accidents;
- Ensuring that management of systems are in compliance to local laws and regulations;
- Establishing site risk management and audit programs with the necessary contingency plans to minimize the consequences of any foreseeable incidents;
- Monitoring the performance of the company’s strategy of HSE, initiating and recommending continuous improvement programs;
- Formulating tracking systems to assure corrective and preventive measures are implemented;
- Establishing an emergency preparedness and response plan;
- Overseeing the organisation’s premises security function;
- Identifying training needs of employees and stake holders;
- Creating and maintaining the HSE culture throughout the site that inspires a proactive attitude; and,
- Developing trusted relationships with regulatory agencies, local community, and external suppliers to promote compliance and social responsibility, in the company’s business interest.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience working in a manufacturing, safety programs/ construction safety environment as an asset;
- Diploma in safety/ industrial hygiene/ ergonomics/ environment considered as an asset;
- Registration with OHSA;
- In depth knowledge on the Local and EU laws and standards;
- Knowledge of HSE typical policies and procedures;
- Adequate business and process knowledge; and
- Computer literacy.
Good analytical and problem-solving skills are an important criterion for this role. The selected candidate must have a good level of Maltese.