Our client operating in the Gaming industry and is currently seeking to recruit a HSE Officer to join their team.
Whilst reporting to the Group’s architect, the selected candidate will be responsible for;
- Being well briefed on local and international HSE standards and legislations;
- Compiling standard operating procedures, work instructions and flow charts;
- Identifying and delivering training requirements on HSE aspects;
- Leading and participating in HSE working groups with the aim of achieving the company HSE objectives
- Carrying out internal HSE audits and inspections;
- Liaising with the architect/engineer during construction or/and maintenance carried out on any of the Group’s premises,
- Assisting management to set up an action plan and following upon actions taken;
- Participating and performing H&S risk assessments of the company operations in line with legal requirements;
- Assisting in the implementation of environmental improvements in line with the company objectives;
- Performing and participating in evacuation drills;
- Drafting Annual Environmental Reports;
- Reviewing Environmental Procedures; and,
- Representing the Group in any HSE discussions, conferences, meeting or fora;
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a relevant Diploma level of education;
- Have at least two years of education in a related field;
- Be familiar with Quality Management, Health and Safety Management and Environmental Management standards;
- Be computer literate with Microsoft Office to a proficient level; and,
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
The chosen candidate must have an assertive and outgoing personality to encourage a culture of excellence and compliance as well as excellent planning and organisational skills. S/he must also be in possession of excellent leadership skills.