Human Resources Manager
Our client operates in the Gaming industry and is currently seeking to recruit a Human Resources Manager to join their team.
The selected candidate will be:
- Overseeing HR/Payroll administration and record keeping including compensation, taxes and other deductions/earnings into the HRIS;
- Ensuring accurate and timely processing of payroll updates including new hires, terminations, transfers, changes to pay, etc.;
- Ensuring compliance with local payroll, wage & hour laws and best practices;
- Facilitating audits by providing records and documentation as requested;
- Overseeing the HR/Payroll Administrators to ensure accuracy and timeliness of work;
- Issuing of timely monthly reporting;
- Assisting in evaluation of reports, decisions, and results of department in relation to established goals;
- Assisting in development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures;
- Assisting with employee issues;
- Partaking in interview process, training HR/Payroll staff on new duties and assigning tasks or projects as necessary;
- Answering employee questions, resolving employee problems, managing employee complaints, providing coaching and development and conducting performance evaluations;
- Participating in webinars/seminars to maintain knowledge of HR/Payroll practices; and,
- Performing other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree level of education in a related area;
- At least three years’ experience in a senior role within Human Resources;
- Comprehensive knowledge of Employment Law in Malta;
- Extensive knowledge of full-cycle payroll function including preparation, balancing, auditing and payroll taxes;
- Proficiency with basic Microsoft Office applications and HR Systems; and,
- Good communication skills in English and preferably, Maltese.
This position calls for someone who has excellent interpersonal and organisational skills with the ability to identify and resolve matters in a timely manner. S/he must be able to gather and analyze information skillfully and with attention to detail.