Import / Export Coordinator
Our client Baxter is a multi-international healthcare company. They focus primarily on creating products to treat certain diseases. They are currently searching for an Import / Export Coordinator to join their team.
The chosen applicant will be:
- Arranging and coordinating inbound product shipments into and out of the UK, ensuring conformance to internal (e.g Baxter) and external (e.g HMRC) regulations;
- Process the export of all Baxter finished goods and raw materials out of the UK and all transactions in accordance with international trade regulations and legislation;
- Coordinate the export order cycle, by checking inventory availability, processing orders, building loads, preparing documentation, and handling transportation;
- Selecting appropriate transport methods to ensure safe and timely delivery of products to receiving site;
- Providing 24/7 call out standby cover, for out of hours shipment;
- Monitoring the agreed freight rates by carrier and maintain / update the Penske system to ensure all loads keep moving from Thetford;
- Planning, in conjunction with Manufacturing key personnel, the receipt of inbound raw materials and WIP into Thetford, ensuring conformance to Baxter and HRMC regulations, also planning the receipt of finished goods into the NDC, with similar conformance;
- Analysing current and proposed HMRC regulations, so that Baxter conformances reflects current requirements and is legal;
- Working with the UK Freight Clearing Agents and forwarders to facilitate smooth flow of inbound product form UK point of entry to Thetford Plant and NDC;
- Approving invoices for payments, as appropriate;
- Providing manufacturing key personnel with all data relevant to inbound product; and,
- Validating Thetford Compounding transport invoices, matching invoice detail to physical dispatches.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Knowledge of UK and European VAT;
- Full understanding of inbound product clearing processes;
- Comprehensive understanding of inventory related systems and processes;
- Good numeracy and analytical skills;
- Understanding of international import / export documentation;
- Understanding principles of letters of credit;
- Export documentation/HM customs and Excise rules/Knowledge of Baxter products; and,
- Excellent written and spoken English.
The information requested during registration is necessary for misco to match both candidate and employer expectations. Upon expiration of the closing date misco will be informing candidates of the Company’s identity prior to forwarding any applications.