Our client, a leading Company operating in the FMCG sector in Malta, is currently seeking to recruit an Inventory Officer to join their team.
Whilst reporting to the Inventory and Planning Manager, the chosen candidate will be responsible for:
- Undertaking the day-to-day supervision of the stores staff and delivering a customer focused service in accordance with agreed procedures and standard operating procedures;
- Ensuring accurate accountability of all transactions to and from the Stores;
- Facilitating stock counts of the material quantities held in stock;
- Ensuring the stores area is kept clean, tidy, organised and according to H & S standards;
- Promoting good safety practices in accordance with stores housekeeping and Health and Safety at all times;
- Executing raw / packaging material requirement plan for packaging, through the use of established systems and keeping track of any changes so that stock is available in time and stocked in the required quantities.
- Being responsible for producing requisitions for purchasing of raw / packaging materials;
- Ensuring that stores inventory staff issue raw / packaging materials to production using established IT systems;
- Supervising the receipt of goods into stock from suppliers and confirming that receipt is in accordance with purchase order;
- Completing batch tracking incoming goods documentation and following up for certificate of analysis;
- Monitoring supplier quality and performance, in liaison with the Quality department;
- Assigning specific and daily tasks to all staff;
- Coaching and monitoring staff to perform to expected standards; and,
- Carrying out any other duties related to above position as instructed by superiors.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have working experience in a similar role, ideally within the food and beverage business;
- Be in possession of a minimum of a Diploma in Logistics or Business Studies; and,
- Be computer literate with proven certificate in ECDL.
The ideal candidate must be organised, analytical, have excellent problem-solving skills and can work on his/her own initiative. S/he must be able to plan and deal with unexpected changes on a day-to-day basis and must be able to work with tight deadlines.