Junior Compliance Officer
Our client is a government agency established under the Prevention of Money Laundering Act. It is the entity responsible for the collection, collation, processing, analysis, and dissemination of information with a view to combating money laundering and the funding of terrorism.
They are currently seeking to recruit a Junior Compliance Officer within their Cash Restriction Section team in order to sustain their growth.
The chosen applicant will be:
- Assisting in the monitoring of transactions, specifically in ensuring adherence and compliance to the regulations;
- Participation in internal committees as may be required;
- Assisting with the enforcement of both administrative and criminal aspects of the law;
- Liaise and cooperate with various stakeholders and competent authorities including government agencies;
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing correspondence and maintaining information Management Systems updated;
- Carrying out onsite visits to gather the necessary information;
- Assisting in the collection of comprehensive statistical data;
- Providing support during ad-hoc projects;
- Representing the company at international meetings, workshops, and court sittings as necessary; and,
- Carrying out any other duties as assigned by management.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Either a university degree at MQF Level 6 or better preferably in Banking, Law, Accountancy, Forensic Accountancy, Audit, Finance or in any other subject provided that the applicant has proven working experience of a minimum of 2 years in a financial service, financial intelligence, financial investigation or a regulatory ambit; or,
- An MQF Level 5 qualification in Banking, Law, Accountancy, Forensic Accountancy, Audit, Finance and at least three years work experience relevant to this post;
- Fluency in both Maltese and English languages is essential;
- Sound knowledge and practical understanding of the laws that govern the prevention of money laundering and financing of terrorism in Malta and the applicable international standards and EU legislation;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills;
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and office automation tools;
- Acquaintance with data visualisation tools such as Microsoft Power BI and i2 Analyst’s notebook; and,
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills and a proven track record of technical competence, efficiency, leadership, ethical responsibility, and diligence.
The information requested during registration is necessary for misco to match both candidate and employer expectations. Upon expiration of the closing date misco will be informing candidates of the Company’s identity prior to forwarding any applications.