Lawyer – Development & Construction
Our client is a leading Maltese corporate law firm. They are currently seeking to recruit a Lawyer to join their Development and Construction team in order to sustain their growth.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Assisting in the negotiation and drafting of real estate and construction contracts;
- Providing legal advisory services to the clients of the firm on aspects of real estate, construction and civil law;
- Providing legal services in connection with high profile transactions for developers, principals, contractors, major subcontractors and leading consultants and advisors both locally and internationally;
- Working closely with a variety of other technical advisers on major projects in order understand and address both legal and practical issues that arise in projects;
- Drafting, reviewing and advising on promise of sale agreements, contract of sale, leasing agreements and other related property issues;
- Working with team members and managing client relationships, under the supervision of the partners of the firm responsible for the Real Estate and Construction practice areas;
- Assisting with drafting and negotiation of contracts;
- Participating and assisting in complex disputes relating to real estate transactions and construction disputes;
- Liaising with professional advisors and regulatory bodies;
- Conducting legal research on various points of law and providing consolidated legal opinions on queries; and,
- Performing other duties as assigned or requested.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be in possession of a Law degree, with a warrant to practice under Maltese law;
- Have at least three years’ working experience in a similar role, which will be considered an asset;
- Have knowledge Civil and Commercial law;
- Have knowledge and a detailed understanding of he FIDIC Books, which will be considered an asset;
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills in Maltese and English.
The ideal candidate must be organised, have excellent analytical skills and the ability to work on his own initiative. S/he must be able to plan and deal with unexpected changes on a day-to-day basis and must be able to work with tight deadlines.