Our client, Malta Freeport Terminals, an established transshipment hub, is currently seeking to recruit a Lawyer to lead the Legal, Health & Safety and Insurance department.
The selected candidate will be responsible for:
- Managing and coordinating the activities within the legal department, including the assessment of liability in claims (such as damages to third parties and injuries) and the timely production of liability reports followed by legal action where required;
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating of contracts and agreements;
- Negotiating of insurance policy renewals;
- Conducting an analysis of claims and liability;
- Drafting of legal documents for Court procedures;
- Ensuring compliance with and enforcement of all statutory obligations, in particular as regards Company law, Health and Safety legislation, and Port Legislation; and,
- Providing legal advice including attending court on litigation or industrial tribunal matters.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a Bachelor of Laws Degree whilst holding a warrant to practice in Malta;
- Have a minimum of five years post-qualification experience gained in the Legal department;
- Be able to manage the legal department in a diligent manner;
- Have working experience in relation to Insurance or/and Health & Safety which will be considered an asset; and,
- Have an excellent knowledge of written and spoken Maltese and English.
The ideal candidate must be organised and must be able to coordinate and communicate well with others. The ability to work within a team and be attentive to detail is essential for this post.