Logistics and Operations Manager
Our client, St Augustine College, a Catholic College run by the Maltese Augustinian Province are seeking to recruit a Logistics and Operations Manager to join their team.
The chosen applicant will be:
- Planning, coordinating, performing, and ensuring the implementation of the general repair and maintenance, general cleaning, gardening and landscaping, safety and security, within the facilities and grounds of the College under his/her remit;
- Managing all the repair and maintenance intervention requests raised by the Rector/Heads of the schools (Primary and Secondary) or delegated persons, processing such requests as necessary and ensuring the timely implementation of related remedial works;
- Ensuring that all facilities and grounds falling within his/her remit are kept clean, safe and secure at all times, ensuring the gardens and landscape areas are kept clean and clear;
- Ensuring the signage, as approved by the area administrator, is adequately installed, and maintained;
- Managing and being responsible for all non-teaching and non-clerical staff falling under his/her remit including general hands, laborer’s, cleaners, gardeners, watchmen and all such personnel, even when work is sub-contracted.
- Prioritizing, assigning, and coordinating work orders to employees entrusted under his/her administration and control and working and developing teamwork skills among these employees;
- Training and supervising the work of employees, to identify the individual skills of each employee and to utilize their competencies flexibility;
- Coordinating and plan in detail work that is necessary to be done at both Campuses, with project management procedures;
- Coordinating College activities throughout the year;
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with employees, as well as with Heads of School, and other senior officers;
- Ensuring that all orders and payments are recorded and full compliance to all financial regulations are adhered to;
- Assuming responsibility for all stores;
- Preparing and calculating estimates on materials and cost for remedial works; and,
- Any other duties as directed by the Rector (or his delegate).
The ideal candidate will:
- Be in possession of an MQF Level 5 (minimum of 60 ECTS) within Logistics or a technical area;
- Have experience in a similar position;
- Be in possession of a valid driving license; and,
- Have the ability to communicate in the Maltese and English.
The ability to work within a team as well as taking own initiatives is essential for this post. The ideal candidate must be organised and must be attentive to detail. S/he must have excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to work accurately.