Principal Technical Officer (Projects)
Our client, the leading energy services provider, is currently seeking to recruit a Principal Technical Officer (Projects) in order to sustain their growth.
Whilst reporting to the Section Manager, the chosen candidate will be responsible for:
- Ensuring that all personnel under his/her responsibility work in accordance with the Company’s Health & Safety and Environmental Management standards and policies;
- Maintaining discipline and draw up reports to his/her superiors, Police, Courts of Law, other appointed bodies and authorities as required or as instructed;
- Drawing and interpreting correctly and accurately drawings, maps, and analysing graphical data and other documentation and any other data in order to efficiently carry out his/her duties;
- Taking care of the custody and safe keeping of his/her section’s stores and equipment;
- Directing employees under his/her responsibility and third parties on site or working on the project to be aware of and comply with Environmental and Health & Safety regulations, policies, method statements and risk assessments;
- Interacting with the relative sections for the smooth collection and upkeep of overhead lines, cable routes and network infrastructure data, records and drawings;
- Collecting and testing materials according to established standards; and,
- Assembling field data, mathematical presentation of data, developing database information systems and preparing maps and drawings, legal descriptions and surveying technical reports.
The ideal candidate shall be in possession of:
- An MQF Level 5 in Electrical/Mechanical/Construction or Civil Engineering;
- A certification in AutoCAD;
- A course in Management;
- Working knowledge of software applications, such as Microsoft Project Applications, ACAD map, SAP and Autodesk raster image;
- A minimum of five years’ of working experience in a related role;
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English; and,
- A driving licence (Group B).