Our client Prominent Fluid Controls Ltd. is currently seeking to recruit a Process Engineer to join their team.
Whilst reporting to the Head of Process Engineering or Head of Operations, the chosen applicant will be:
- Designing and optimising processes, practices and workflows with the overall goal of improving safety, efficiency, throughput times and quality using Lean methodologies;
- Identifying areas of opportunity for process improvements, research appropriate solutions and alternative process methods;
- Analysing and assessing processes, taking measurements, carrying out time-studies and interpreting data;
- Wherever necessary, supporting production departments by implementing, executing and handing over new production management systems related to process engineering projects;
- Designing and building, with the support of the team, small jigs or semi-automated equipment related to process improvement;
- Participating in technical sourcing to support project proposals, budgeting and implementation;
- Preparing documentation and instructions concerning engineered process solutions;
- Overseeing and controling the commissioning, operation and handover of new process equipment for production;
- Occasionally using skill set to assist other team members with assigned process engineering projects; and,
- Coordinating all project activities in close collaboration with relevant departments and internal clients.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An engineering background or experience in design and building small user-oriented automated equipment;
- Experience in machining and fabrication using a variety of materials;
- Experience with CAD software (ideally Autodesk inventor or Pro/ENGINEER);
- Experience using PLCs, pneumatics and low-voltage electrical equipment, will be considered an asset;
- Experience in welding metals, will be considered as an asset;
- Experience in a LEAN production environment, which will be considered an asset;
- Background with local health and safety standards and regulations, which will be considered an asset;
- The ability to do both hands-on as well as research and analysis; and,
- Excellent reading and writing communication skills in English.
Ability to handle multiple tasks, working under pressure and work independently are essential criteria for this position.