Our client is a Swiss company with presence in Malta, operating within the pharmaceutical industry. They are currently seeking to recruit a Process Engineer.
The chosen applicant will be:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the production processes such that production processes are carried out efficiently and are continuously improving;
- Assisting in the development of local investment and development plans;
- Proposing investment budget in line with these plans and ensuring that the assigned projects are executed according to planned time schedules and within budget;
- Assisting in the development of the department’s annual operation budget and support the team to minimize variance without impacting the operations;
- Ensuring that all tasks, activities and manufacturing processes are performed according to cGMP requirements, company policies and procedures, good engineering working principles and the relevant standards and regulations at all times;
- Ensuring that all personnel including contractors are rigorously following company Safety, Health and Environmental policies and procedures, and relevant legal requirements;
- Analyzing existing manufacturing processes and ensuring compliance with the necessary rules and regulations;
- Providing support when new processes, transfer projects and product scale-up activities within production are introduced;
- Organizing, maintaining and improving the maintenance management system and other scheduled activities to ensure that all maintenance activities are efficient, effective and well documented;
- Documenting any deviation from SOPs, processes and cGMP guidelines;
- Actively participating in training sessions, ensuring good communication levels with staff in other departments;
- Building a professional relationship with internal clients, associates and with third parties, contractors and vendors;
- Liaising with outside suppliers/contractors for services and maintenance work required by the company that cannot be performed by internal resources or under any existing maintenance agreement;
- Supporting the procurement activities of parts, services, upgrade and equipment, supporting the generation of RFQ’s and ensuring that technical and commercial agreements are in place; and,
- Identifying recurrent problems, establishing root cause, recommends and implement solutions such as upgrades to current equipment or the purchase of new equipment.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering;
- At least 2 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical or manufacturing industry;
- Good knowledge of the English language and preferably Maltese;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and,
- High level of report writing skills.
This position call for someone who is process-oriented and familiar with problem solving techniques. S/he will have the ability to comprehend, educate and enforce relevant policies/procedures.
The information requested during registration is necessary for misco to match both candidate and employer expectations. Upon expiration of the closing date misco will be informing candidates of the Company’s identity prior to forwarding any applications.