Process Engineering Project Leader
Our client Prominent Fluid Controls Ltd. is currently seeking to recruit a Process Engineering Project Leader to join their team.
The chosen applicant will be:
- Designing and fabricating jigs, workstations, semi-automated equipment, and process-aids, as well as optimising existing equipment, with the overall goal of improving safety, efficiency, throughput times and quality;
- Identifying opportunities for process improvements, then researching, proposing and implementing appropriate solutions;
- Carrying out technical sourcing to support project proposals, budgeting and implementation;
- Preparing and maintaining documentation and instructions concerning engineered process solutions;
- Overseeing and controlling commissioning and handover of new process equipment for production departments;
- Occasionally assisting other team members with assigned process engineering projects, mainly in terms of CAD design and fabrication;
- Coordinating all project activities following established project management systems, in close collaboration with relevant departments and internal clients, and ensure KPIs are met; and,
- Maintaining and developing a stick of hardware necessary for quick development of trail solutions.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An electro-mechanical engineering background or experience in design and building small user-oriented automated equipment;
- Experience in machining and fabrication using a variety of materials;
- Experience with CAD software (ideally Autodesk inventor or Pro/ENGINEER);
- Experience using PLCs, pneumatics and low-voltage electrical equipment, will be considered an asset;
- Experience in welding metals, will be considered as an asset;
- Experience in a LEAN production environment, which will be considered an asset;
- Background with local health and safety standards and regulations, which will be considered an asset;
- The ability to do both hands-on as well as research and analysis; and,
- Excellent reading and writing communication skills in English.
Ability to handle multiple tasks, working under pressure and work independently are essential criteria for this position.