Our client is a unique international air cargo company handling air and ground logistics, aviation services and also maintenance of planes. They are currently seeking to recruit a Procurement Manager to join their team.
Whilst reporting to the Group CFO, the chosen applicant will be:
- Ensuring that the processes of Procurement, Contract Management and Budgeting are fully aligned;
- Establishing, together with the Group CFO, the right and balanced processes for managing budgeting, procurement and contracting;
- Constantly maintaining and updating the budget with any transaction effecting the cost items across the Group;
- Liaising with the respective Finance functions to ensure that the budget is synchronised with the actual expenditure;
- Maintaining updated records of invoicing and purchasing in liaison with the rest of the finance department;
- Identifying and investigating any cost deviation from that budgeted and record reason and authorisation behind discrepancy;
- Preparing forecasts of expenditures for specific periods as well as for following fiscal periods;
- Checking and confirming invoicing received to ascertain the correct delivery of products and services;
- Guiding and supporting the selection process based on the stablished procedure whether through the issue of RFPs, direct orders or quote comparison;
- Recording and maintaining scoring and/or decisions leading to the selection of products and solutions;
- Ensuring that the conditions and deliverables of the contract are factual and as described;
- Running assessments of contracts together with the respective owners regarding conditions and Service Level Agreements, noting any deviations and escalating as necessary;
- Maintaining a constant forecast of expiries, necessity of renewal or condition changes that could affect pricing or quality of service; and,
- Ensuring that each active contract has corresponding budgeting item.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An MQF Level 6 in the Finance or Management;
- A minimum of four years’ previous experience in a similar role, ideally in procurement or contract management;
- Good understanding of finances and bookkeeping; and,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Candidates for this role must have a flexible approach, with willingness to support all team members and must have the ability to work on multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.