Purchasing and Logistics Executive
Our client is a unique international air cargo company handling air and ground logistics, aviation services and also maintenance of planes. They are currently seeking to recruit a Purchasing and Logistics Executive to join their team.
Whilst reporting to the Purchasing and Logistics Manager, the chosen applicant will be:
- Handling routine shipments of all material to and from storage and the maintenance facility, making use of the Group’s available network where possible;
- Setting up and managing an effective network of suppliers to support the Group’s transaction and logistics needs;
- Supporting and/or managing, on a 24/7 basis, any AOG or other short-term logistics requirements to and from the location where aircraft maintenance is performed;
- Managing any material which has been placed in quarantine based on documentation or other shortfalls, and ensuring any issues are resolved;
- Monitoring the Group’s main warehouse, any sub stores at outstations and large parts storage, including relevant procedures for parts storage and issuance;
- Effectively managing material certification requirements in accordance with relevant regulations (either EASA and/or CAAI);
- Issuing purchase orders for the timely provisioning of material, including consumable, expendable and repairable components;
- Based on the Group’s policy and existing maintenance agreements, handling any unserviceable routable components requiring repair by a third-party maintenance organisation;
- Managing the repair cycle of any components sent to the shop for overhaul or repair and ensuring repairs are completed within the agreed timeframe and budget;
- Liaising with contracted component and material providers to ensure timely provisioning of components and other material;
- Assisting any Group airline with any outsourced (base) maintenance checks by creating a material pre-load kit;
- Administrating and managing any relevant warranties to vendors and repair agencies, in collaboration with relevant experts; and,
- Supporting the Logistics Manager with any contract negotiations.
The ideal candidate will have:
- An MQF Level 6 in a relevant subject, which will be considered an asset;
- A minimum of five years’ previous experience in a similar role; and,
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
Candidates for this role must have a flexible approach, with willingness to support all team members and must have the ability to work on multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment.