Our client is a global company with presence in Malta, operating within the pharmaceutical industry. They are currently seeking to recruit a Purchasing Coordinator.
The chosen applicant will be:
- Responsible for procurement of direct, indirect material and supplies;
- Improving internal processes whilst reducing costs;
- Handling supplier interaction whilst ensuring timely material supply, keeping tracking, and reviewing deliveries;
- Dealing with non-supplied and damaged goods;
- Leading negotiations for material/services supplied according to internal procedures;
- Helping in supplier selection and contract management;
- Suppling master data management and vendor qualification activities required within the pharmaceutical industry; and,
- Liasing with local/corporate functions for reporting on company KPIs.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A degree level of education in supply chain management, business administration or equivalent;
- Hold at least one year of experience working in a similar role, preferably within a manufacturing environment;
- Excellent communication skills and good command of written and spoken English and preferably also Maltese;
- Good leadership skills; and,
- Attention to detail with strong negotiating, analytical and decision making skills.
The information requested during registration is necessary for misco to match both candidate and employer expectations. Upon expiration of the closing date misco will be informing candidates of the Company’s identity prior to forwarding any applications.