Our client specialises in the development, optimization and manufacturing of high quality generic Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients. They are currently seeking to recruit a Research & Development Manager in order to sustain their growth.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for:
- Reporting any technical product issues that are discovered during evaluation and managing product testing and trials, assessing the materials used, the efficiency of the process, and the effectiveness of the final product;
- Leading key projects with the R&D team to support business goals;
- Developing research programs incorporating current developments to improve existing products and to study potential of new products;
- Transferring new technologies, products and manufacturing processes into and out of the company;
- Researching, designing and evaluating materials, assemblies, processes and equipment;
- Working in coordination with Production and other Departments to optimise the developed processes and using shared equipment/instruments;
- Being responsible for GMP Production Processes in-process controls’ outcomes;
- Establishing of short-term and long-term programs of activities;
- Leading, motivating and developing the R&D team members;
- Suggesting training tools to enhance employee performance and skill development;
- Monitoring team performance metrics and objectives and ensuring goals are being met;
- Establishing and maintaining testing procedures for assessing raw materials, in process and finished products;
- Overseeing complex research projects, analyzing results and providing recommendations based on findings; and,
- Assessing the scope of research projects and ensuring they are delivered on time and within budget.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be in possession of a MQF Level 6 in Chemistry (ideally Organic) or Pharmacy;
- Have experience in a similar role working with LC and GC lab instruments;
- Be knowledgeable on cGMP and quality systems; and,
- Have good communication and written skills in English and preferably Italian.