Our client forms part of a group of companies that operate within the insurance sector. They are currently seeking to recruit an Underwriter to join their team.
The chosen applicant will be:
- Underwriting and rating of business proposals including the preparation and issuing of quotations;
- Delivering high quality support service, mostly working on motor, marine and personal lines risks to our commercial area;
- Assisting in the pre-renewal process;
- Analysing technical portfolios; and,
- Handling other duties and special projects as may be required.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of secondary level of education;
- Preference will be given to applicants wit MCAST Advanced Diploma in Insurance, CII qualification, University Degree or higher;
- Experience in an insurance technical environment, especially on marine products will be considered as an asset;
- Computer skills (Microsoft Applications etc) ;
- Excellent oral and written communication;
- Problem solving and decision making;
- Great teamwork and interpersonal effectiveness; and,
- An initiative approach.
The information requested during registration is necessary for misco to match both candidate and employer expectations. Upon expiration of the closing date misco will be informing candidates of the Company’s identity prior to forwarding any applications.